Congratulations on the most life-transforming event of your life! Becoming a parent is such a gift. Some expectant mothers enjoy the latter stages of pregnancy by encapsulating it with professional maternity photographs. Scheduling a maternity photo session is an exciting way to connect and bond with your new baby, even before he or she arrives! It can also be fun for the child’s father, since he does not get to experience the ups and downs of pregnancy.
Cindy Whittaker maternity photography sessions are customized to each family. Whether you want to do it solo as an expectant mother, or bring other siblings and your spouse or significant other with you for the shoot; this is entirely up to you. If you have kids already, maternity photo sessions are a great way for your kids to get involved and it makes it “real” that they will soon be having a sibling.
Plus, maternity photos are very romantic! If you are looking for some unique, creative and fun maternity photo shoot ideas, here are a few that you should consider:
- Use natural landscapes such as hills to make fun statements, such as having the mother lay in front of a hill or sand pile, etc. to match the shape of her growing tummy.
- Incorporate humorous signs, such as: “Caution: Dangerous Curve” or something about speed bumps, stop signs, etc. and street signs with one of your names.
- Speaking of signs, if you know the baby’s name ahead of time, look for a neighborhood or street with the same name and capture a pregnancy photo standing on that street.
- Bring baby booties, mittens, hats or little tiny treasures with blue or pink trim.
- Lie down next to your partner with his face near the baby’s, perhaps touching noses or foreheads with your belly.
- Bring one of your sonogram pictures and hold it in front of your tummy.
- Spell the baby’s name on an easel, chalkboard, or with baby blocks.
- Mirror reflections of the mother looking down at her belly.
- An image of the mother, pensively waiting next to the baby’s crib, or perhaps rocking in a rocking chair, thinking about the baby that will be coming soon.
- Newborn baby shoes placed on top of your belly, or right in between your shoes and the father’s shoes.
As well as having fun shooting the maternity photos, Cindy Whittaker’s editing skills can also create some amazing pregnancy photos even after the shoot is done. For example, merging the baby’s face in an imaginative burst over the mother’s head, or merging the actual newborn session images with the pre-baby photo shoot.
Keep in mind that you will only have a short span of time to book the maternity photo session before your body returns to its pre-pregnancy condition. Contact Cindy Whittaker for your maternity photography in Ponchatoula or Hammond, Louisiana. 985-969-2644 will get you started on a timeless maternity photo shoot!